Saturday, 5 September 2009

MA Show at Margaret Street


Last night was the MA preview at Margaret St, School of Art, Birmingham, UK. I got there early so I could check out all the work of which there was a mixed bag.

A friend of mine, Tim Robottom, graduated and his work was his usual nice mix of found/collected objects with a hint of humor stacked with critical context and I really liked it. I also really enjoyed David Hurley's work of suited men with film camera and typewriter heads, watching an animated film or babies with tv heads, it was era and familiar.


Others that stood out for me were Michael Perrins and Val Howson - Michael's photographic technique reminded me of Jo Gane, a local very talented photographer, while Val's archive ticked a lot of my boxes, really enjoyed it.



No comments:

Post a Comment