Saturday, 17 April 2010

Life is good in Manchester


Popped into Manchester City Art Gallery with a very favourite friend of mine and it had a few nice finds...


...this lion painting, The Desert / The Fallen Monarch by Edward Landsee, is my friend Edward Wakefield's favourite, he first told me about this painting in about the first week of knowing him, five years on I finally got to see it with him.


The Gallery had a great collections of Goya first edition etching prints...


...and a nice complimentary collection of Chapman Brother pictures too. If you have a couple of free hours in Manc, defo pop in, there are some serious treasures and some good cabinets too!


1 comment:

  1. I have never been to manchester gallery ! I will have to sort that out! thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete