Saturday, 27 August 2011

The Giardini, Venice Biennale 2011

Are you ready for a lot of photos? I have just come back from visiting the Venice Biennale for 2011 and as I prepared for the never ending loop of art I thought the only way to remember my highlights was to snap them to help jog my memory later on. But my pics have also acted as a rating of how much I liked the works - if I remembered to photograph the artists name and how many pics of each I took translated to my personal liking of some things more than others.

So here are the first lot of pics of works that I liked at The Giardini -




I liked all three of Nathaniel Mellor's piece - but here is a still from 'Ourhouse Episode 2 "Class"'

and some of Mellor's photography - 'Venus of Truson (Prehistoric, Photogrammic Originals)'

Also the photography work by David Goldblatt was a real standout for me.

One of my current favourite artists - Haroon Mirza's 'Sick'

An old favourite, Sigmar Polke

Some more great photography by Luigi Ghirri


I also particularly loved all the works by Amalia Pica



Guy de Cointet's 'I feel like vomiting' and other works were very funny

Back to the Pavilion's and Vesa Pekka Rannikko for Finland

The Greek Pavilion curated by Maria Marangou of artist Diohandi

The US of A's sport/performance work



Andreas Eriksson in my favourite Pavilion building I think - Sweden


I absolutely loved the concept behind this and the work was brill - Dominik Lang for the Czech and Slovak Republic



Christian Boltanski's 'Chance' for the French


And for the UK, Mike Nelson had a turn



and finally Tabaimo for the Japanese Pavilion

No comments:

Post a Comment