Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Out and About, Venice Biennale 2011

The final photos from the Venice Biennale 2011. These pictures show some of my favourite works from the off-site exhibitions, including my favourite exhibition in the whole festival - the Portuguese Pavilion 'Scenario' by Francisco Tropa


However, we start at the Biennale Museum, this is the catalogue from the first Biennale exhibition in 1895.

And here, the first poster.

I loved this museum, the old posters and catalogues alongside the documentary photographs from the shows showed masterfully how tastes, styles, -isms, etc had developed and changed through the years.



But back to this years crop - Welsh artist Tim Davies, loved these postcards (obviously) so much!



Scot Karla Black's show was a great example of quality site responsive work, the space they were allocated was perfect



And now - my favourite - Francisco Tropa from Portugal, love, love, loved this so much, would love to bring this show to the UK!






Here are some works that I liked from the Asian 'Future Pass' shows (sorry for not having all the artist names)
Chen Zhiguang's 'Migrating Era'




Ward Walrath Kimball




And then I saw these, again apologies I didn't get all the names - if you know, please let me know!


Marina Abromovic




Glaser/Kunz 'Obsidian, Gordon & Austin' - an installation where the models spoke poetry to you, and it was really good



And finally, the Luxembourg Pavilion with work by Martine Feipel and Jean Bechameil

No comments:

Post a Comment