mac birmingham is looking for aspiring curators to take part in ALLOTMENT.
New to 2012 at mac birmingham is ALLOTMENT, an innovative programme which sees our Arena Gallery divided into ten plots. Each is tended by an independent Midlands-based creative practitioner. With a plot to manage and make their own, ALLOTMENT offers plot holders the space to identify, profile and nurture new and emerging visual art talent.
- ALLOTMENT is a pilot project and runs from February to August 2012
- Located in the Arena Gallery, ALLOTMENT plots are approximately 3.3m wide x 1.9m high
- Plot holders must be based in the West Midlands
Applications are now being welcomed from creative practitioners for an unpaid opportunity to tend vacant plots 9 and 10. Proposed activity should take place between April and August 2012, and can relate to the full vacancy period or a standalone 8 week exhibition slot.
To apply, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title 'ALLOTMENT Proposal - Vacant Plot’:
- 100 word project summary
- Written statement (A4 page max.) outlining your intentions for the space
- A timetable and potential equipment needed to realise your proposal
- Links to online materials about participating practitioners. Alternatively, send a maximum of 3 images no larger than 1MB each
- Artist/Curator CV(s) evidencing relevant experience
For additional information on the project please see project websites:
Deadline for applications is 5pm Friday 17th February 2012
Any questions please email email@example.com or call sales and information on 0121 446 3232.
Proposals will be reviewed by the ALLOTMENT steering group consisting of mac birmingham's Visual Arts Producer, Craig Ashley, Next Generation Producer Daniel Whitehouse and independent curator/associate producer of ALLOTMENT, Charlie Levine.
If you do not hear back from mac within two weeks after the deadline, then sadly your proposal has been unsuccessful. Due to the high number of applications anticipated we are not able to offer feedback on applications but we will be offering more opportunities to connect with our work in the near future, so please check our website for more details.