TROVE call out for short films based on toys
DEADLINE 6th May 2012
Exhibition dates 15th – 23rd June 2012
TROVE is an independent art space in Birmingham, UK, which run a monthly changing programme of contemporary art exhibitions/events.
In June 2012 TROVE, with Antonio Roberts, are hosting an exhibition about toys. This project leads on from the discovery that the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham, where TROVE is based, used to produce more ‘toys’ than jewellery, guns or pens; all things it is now more famously known for producing. When researching what toys were produced in this area of Birmingham it was discovered that the term ‘toys’ was used to describe items such as buttons, cuff-links and belt buckles.
With the misinterpretation of the word ‘toys’ TROVE are looking for films about actual toys, as is the current understanding of the word, that have been altered, hacked, modified or electronically changed, rather than ‘toys’ meaning belt buckles, buttons etc.
TROVE are inviting you to submit examples of films based on the theme of toys to:
Please email TROVE and include:
- your CV and a short personal statement
- a short description of the film/s
- links to online footage of the toy is available
- max 6 photographs of the toy/s you are proposing
Notes for application:
- please make sure your films is 10 minutes long or less
- we will be screening more than one film at a time so we will not be exhibiting films that rely on sound
- the films need to be available during June 2012
For further info please contact TROVE on the above email address.
The deadline for submissions is 6th May 2012